Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Five Stages of Grief

I was reading my paper this morning, eating my raisin bran, and it hits me again, my Aggies are a 8 point underdog to the Baylor Freaking Bears. I'm still stunned a little bit, but thought I'd pen this for the Aggie readers, the Five Stages of Grief of an Aggie Football fan.

  1. Denial - my first sign of a problem was the loss to Arkansas State...I just didn't know it at the time. You always look back later and see the signs. We Aggies blamed the loss on four turnovers, and the transition to a new coach. We ignored the fact we allowed 400 yards and controlled the time of possession.
  2. Anger - the anger is best desribed by a former site AggieCoach.com. You can get to Google's Cache Site. The 14 point plan to revive the athletic department is a bit much, but you can definitely feel the anger toward the coaches.
  3. Bargaining - I promise I'll be a better Aggie fan, and end my bitterness toward Revielle VIII, if we didn't lose to Army. My prayer - like many foxhole prayers, didn't last.
  4. Depression - I found the perfect medication to lift my spirits. ViAggieRa!
  5. Acceptance - Take Baylor give the points.

Good news is basketball season starts tomorrow for the Men, and the Women won yesterday. Gig em!

No comments: