Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm Back!

I just wanted to let everyone know I filed my reinstatement papers with Texas A & M today. I have been talking to them unofficially for a couple of weeks now, and we just couldn't come to an agreement on what to do with me. I expect President Murano to review the papers tomorrow and make a final decision.

Rumors around College Station was that former Vice President of Student Affairs Dean Bresciani was looking to trade me to another school outside the Big 12 that needed a mascot. That rules out my favorite - I was hoping they would move me to Oklahoma State - they have a good vet school, and just like TAMU, it's an Aggie school with an inferiority complex like you wouldn't believe. Plus, they've got that goofy looking Pistol Pete wandering around athletic events. That guy creeps me out. I phoned Boone a couple of times on my Aggie issued cell phone, but he's busy with his wind energy project. Next time I see him, I'll show him some wind.

By the way, did you know that if you rearrange the letters in Dean Bresciani you can spell "rabies and nice"? Anyway, Bresciani apparently resigned under duress earlier this month. I sure hope my indecision on staying retired didn't effect his employment status. Now there's a whole new org structure at the school. There's a lot of change going on at school. I hope now that the price of gas is falling they will fund the fishing program appropriately.

Many of you are probably wondering why I came back. I've been staying up late at night watching M*A*S*H* reruns on TVLand with my new master, HeadThief. It was all I could do during the incessant promos for "She's got the look". Now, M*A*S*H* has been replaced by Hogan's Heroes, and it's just not the same. Then they started that piece of crap show with George Foreman. But the last straw was last night, when TVLand ran a commercial for prostrate medication and followed it with an ad wishing women a "happy period". you can even send an e-card to that effect. At that point, I decided it was time to get off the couch and get back into the action.

For my return, I was contemplated partnering with Budweiser to do some sort of ads opposing the 'happy period' line. Maybe something like, "While you're girlfriend's having a happy period, go out with the guys and drink a 24-pack." Kinda like "wishing you a speedy recovery" card.

Wait, where were we? Sorry, we dogs have short attention spans. I hope the Aggie administration will give me a second chance at the starting position for Aggie mascot. I don't wish to finish out my career as a backup.

No comments: